Thursday, September 10, 2009

Five County Fair

The Five County Fair starts tomorrow and tonight I have gathered up my projects that I will submit for judging. I have a baker's dozen of items that I have chosen to enter into the fair competition. They are all in the handicrafts division.

Here is a list:
  1. Neptune Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt
  2. Halloween Owl Quilted Table Topper
  3. Halloween Bird Lapel Pin
  4. Needlefelted Carrot Eyeglass Case made with felted wool
  5. Crow and Sandcastle quilted wallhanging wool applique
  6. Doll Quilt made from vintage sheets, green with basketweave
  7. Basket of Flowers Wool Applique wallhanging
  8. Crow with Pumpkin Wool Applique Pillow
  9. Purse sewn from a ladies cargo skirt decorated with wool flowers
  10. Patchwork Purse made with Amy Butler fabrics
  11. Bird in Cherry Tree Wool Applique Wallhanging
  12. Redbirds in Bower Quilted Wallhanging
  13. Winter Hat made from felted wool and embellished with wool flowers

The prizes are small shiny ribbons and a few dollars for first thru third places. Last time I entered with far fewer items and won enough $ for a few candy apples. I had a blast making these things and if I win prizes that is just the icing on the cake.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in the fair! Surely with all that, you'll win something! How productive you've been -- I can see why you haven't had time to read. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the fair entrys! Can't wait to hear how you come out with it all. You inspire me. Unfortunately, inspiration and motivation don't exactly go hand and hand in my world. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!