Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fall Felt Time Again

I have made things with almost exclusively cotton this summer. Now I have begun some fall projects using felted wool.

Halloween birds with assorted cotton print fabric wings. The birds are felted wool dyed black in my kitchen. The wings are cut from quilt fabrics. I have stitched the wings on using apricot perle cotton thread.

I cut several different shapes and sizes of birds. I like the look of the mix.

Fall mini quilt from a cheater panel. About 22 inches on each side. I quilted this using free motion with several different colors of thread.

The back of the mini quilts are pieced together using squares of vintage sheet fabric. The colors are very autumnal and seemed to suit this project. Now the mini quilts can be used on both sides.

Second mini quilt with fall theme. Lots of quilting to show the details of the patterns.

Hand dyed wool to be made into fall projects-- pumpkins, leaves, etc. I will make pins and also some wall hangings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!