Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Laptop Case

I stopped at the fabric store on the way home looking for some pre-quilted fabric to make a new laptop case. I was not impressed by the selection so I chose 2 coordinating prints and decided to quilt them myself.
The main print will be the branches and yellow blossoms print. This one I quilted with spiral swirls. This used a lot of thread. I have used 4 bobbins so far on this half yard length and still need to do a little more. (But Survivor came on and I had to stop.)

The lining and flap will be the yellow print with dots in shades of black, gray and white. This is quilted with a stippling pattern. I am loving these yellow, black and gray tones together.
I went ahead and quilted more of these fabrics than I am going to need, just in case. I figure that whatever is left over I can use to make zipper pouches or a handbag.
After Survivor goes off I am back to the sewing machine.

Updated:  I have made a couple laptop sleeves before using this free pattern. Here is the one I made for my Dell Mini. Here is the one I made for my cousin's Mac.
Gale

2 comments:

  1. Are you making the laptop case from a pattern? I rarely like the pre-quilted fabrics either! Can't wait to see it done! Polly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using the free directions from Elizabeth at Oh, Frannson! that were posted on Sew, Mama, Sew. Here is the link.

    http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=816

    These directions can help you make any size laptop case by adjusting the measurements to fit your machine. It is pretty easy and I have made two of them already.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!