Monday, January 18, 2010

Skeleton Tatoo Laptop Case

Materials ready to start assembling the laptop cover. This bolt of fusible fleece was on sale at JoAnnes this weekend. Whoo-hoo!

My cousin picked out and purchased these fabrics. The skulls kinda grew on me the more I looked at them! Can anyone tell who her favorite band was (and still may be)?

I chose to quilt only the roses after applying the fusible fleece to the opposite sides of both prints. That part took forever. (The fusing, not the quilting.) I added the fleece to both layers of fabric to provide extra cushioning for the computer.

The finished case is 9.5 inches high and 13.5 inches long. It should hold the laptop snugly.

Here is the top with the flap in place. It looks pretty good, if I do say so myself! If Frida Kahlo had a computer I bet she would want this for her case!

Here it is open, ready for a computer to slide inside. I used this very wide velcro because it is what I had on hand, but I think it will provide extra grip to hold the case closed.

You can see the interior print here. I quilted it in a random stippling with red thread.

Soon it will be on its way to its owner--hope she likes it!

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo! I love it, thanks I gould not have done such a nice job! xoxo, pooh!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!