Tuesday, May 8, 2012

She Reached for the Stars Canvas

 This is the first She Art Canvas with lots of doodling and other details added. I used some Distress Markers on the sunburst and to outline the words below.
 I thought this was an appropriate sentiment for my first She Art canvas. I am trying out an online art class and this is the first girl for me. 
 My new 8x10 canvas-- in love with it.  I used green and blue tissue paper for the background and inked over it with Distress Ink pads. The body and dress were cut on my Silhouette Cameo from various papers, including dictionary paper. I painted over the dress and then colored on some designs with Distress Markers.  I got the idea to have her reaching above her for the stars. The stars were painted with a template cut from cardstock in both purple and yellow. Then I traced them in black Sharpie to help define the shape.

The trickiest part here was deciding how to paint just the back of her head. I think I still need to add a layer of paint around the neckline.  I love the shape of this dress way more than the boxy dress I made on the first canvas. It was astoundingly easy to cut from a paper doll template!
 I stamped the bird with Staz-on ink and then added doodles such as the music notes and squiggles with my Sharpie. See the border along the edge of her dress?  I love how that turned out.
Here is the big lug-- Kippy. He was intently watching me take photos of the artwork, and I could not resist taking a few of him. Of course, he would not keep still, so his picture is off center.

Here's to trying something new and reaching for the stars!
Gale C. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!