Thursday, May 20, 2010

Apron Strings Baby Blocks

Two new quilts in process:

I started with a charm pack from the Apron Strings line and strips torn from white Kona cotton.  This charm pack features '30's style prints.  I surrounded the 5 inch squares with the white and then spent a good deal of time pressing and trimming them.

Now they are divided into two piles and are going to be assembled into two baby quilts.  They will probably end up in a 4 x 5 block layout with some additional yardage for borders to make them large enough. I am leaning toward yellow and will check at a local fabric store for an appropriate print.   
I had originally intended for this to be a windowpane quilt (similar to this one,) but made the mistake of adding white to all four sides of each square.  Oh, well. I am not going to tear these apart, just improvise. This is what happens when you don't follow a pattern, just make a quilt based on what you saw.  I am going to trust that it will come out all right in the end.
I think that these are going to be very nice baby quilts when all is said and done.
Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!