Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Scruffily Quilt in Progress

This quilt is made with Make Life fabric by Sweetwater.  My favorite prints are the ones with the words on them, especially the bright multi-color print. I also love the paisley prints.

The pattern is the Scruffily quilt by Rachel of p.s. i quilt. It was also inspired by this quilt. Of course, I had to change it some to suit what I had on hand in way of materials. (I had no charm pack, so I just cut strips off the jelly roll and stitched them on top of the layer cake pieces.)

I used some Sulky Blendable 12 weight thread in an orangey-yellow combination that looks really nice for the topstitching around the patches. I had no problems with thread breakage this time--woohoo!

It is 42 squares, so that comes out to almost 60 inches by 70 inches. Right now it is in two parts while I decide if I am going to quilt it in sections or in one large piece. This is the largest one I have made so far.

Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!