Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Scruffily Quilt in Progress
The pattern is the Scruffily quilt by Rachel of p.s. i quilt. It was also inspired by this quilt. Of course, I had to change it some to suit what I had on hand in way of materials. (I had no charm pack, so I just cut strips off the jelly roll and stitched them on top of the layer cake pieces.)
I used some Sulky Blendable 12 weight thread in an orangey-yellow combination that looks really nice for the topstitching around the patches. I had no problems with thread breakage this time--woohoo!
It is 42 squares, so that comes out to almost 60 inches by 70 inches. Right now it is in two parts while I decide if I am going to quilt it in sections or in one large piece. This is the largest one I have made so far.