I also got a bag of dahlia roots, but they are not potted up yet. I am still thinking about where I want them. Now I just have to remember to water these 2 pots and keep them alive.
I sewed these small star blocks together into one big block. I love the way it looks alternating the colors this way. I used the zig-zag stitch and some red Sulky 12 weight thread. Most of the squares are just butted up to each other and the zig-zag catches both edges at once. For some of the edges, I had to overlap layers slightly. This is because those layers of felted wool are different thicknesses and did not want to feed through the machine evenly. More of these to come.
Hope y'all had a great weekend!