Friday, April 16, 2010

Ready for the Weekend

So this week has been pretty stressful.

Due to budget cuts people in my school system are losing jobs and/or being reassigned to different positions. Nobody enjoys the process of change in this scenario. There is a bad atmosphere running amok in the building, and everyone is just waiting for the next piece of bad news to come along.
I should be grateful that I still have a job and have not heard anything about being let go or reassigned to a different position for the next school year.  This is difficult for me.  I try to go to work each day and not get stressed out about things that are beyond my control.  If my job disappears or changes, I will find out when it is time for me to find out.  I just keep telling myself that.

Add this to the fact that high stakes testing is less than one month away. That means a frenzy of reviewing and working non-stop to ensure that every bit of instruction that could happen, does. The admin re-arranged the schedule of the kids affected by testing, which meant parts of my schedule had to be re-arranged. Aaaargh!

It also means that tempers are short and tolerance for BS is at an all time low. I am speaking specifically of my tolerance levels. And I am referring to BS dished out by adults. The students continue to want to do their best to please me and to improve their reading skills.

My wireless computer has been giving me a fit this week. I took it to work on Monday and used it to access the Internet via the wireless network at school. Then when I brought it back home, it would not load any pages in Internet Explorer. Something to do with the network settings and the operating system of Vista. I have been trying all week to figure out how to fix it. Then last night, I managed to get the other computer to stop working in IE, too!

Tonight after work, I installed a new wireless network and changed around some settings. I think it is working okay now. I was able to check my Flickr and now am posting this blog entry. So all is good!
I have not even turned on my sewing machine this week! That is so wrong, people!  I did manage to hand appliqué a few wool star blocks like these. I hope this weekend will provide more opportunities for sewing and fewer instances of techmology failure.

Here's hoping my next blog post is more cheerful!  I hope the weekend brings out some fun news to share.
Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!