Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Flickr Toys

I have discovered this wonderful toy that takes Flickr photos and creates custom mosaics. Now, I have seen these that other Flickr members have made and just assumed it was a complicated process. Not so.

This crow montage is made with photos that I have marked as favorites (taken by others) and photos of my own.  I am quite fond of crows as a theme in folk art.

Then I had to search for photos of one of my all time favorite musicians-- the largely unknown Lyle Lovett.  I added these photos to my group of favorites and then created this montage. Don't you just love the cloud formation in the center that is so like Lyle's fantastic hair do?  I do.

Visit Flickr and try out the big huge lab's flickr toys.  After making these cool mosaics you can post them to Facebook or Flickr or save them to your computer.  I can see myself wasting a lot of time playing with this application.

Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!