Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sewing in the New Year

Here is a winter wallhanging I completed this weekend. It is a panel from Moda featuring winter birds, a birdhouse and snowflakes. I quilted around some of the elements in the picture and backed it with a solid medium blue cotton. It is bound with the same fabric as the backing, but you cannot see the binding, because I stitched it to the back, instead of to the front like I normally do. It was unintentional, but I like that you cannot see any of the backing fabric on the front of this project.

Some Valentine fabric that recently came in the mail. I accidentally got two of the lovebird panels, but have plans for them both. The jelly roll has many fabulous prints and will be used in several projects over the next few weeks.

I recently signed up for a Valentine Swap hosted by Pat Sloan. I am making a mini quilt for someone and sending it to her in a package with other goodies and someone is making a quilt for me. It should be fun! Here are some more fabrics I pulled out for possible inclusion in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!