Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WIP Wednesday

My work in progress, a quilt using some of my New York fabrics. I took one yard of the navy fabric featuring the lighted buildings and monuments of the Big Apple and bordered it with six inch strips of the yellow cab fabric. I cut the fabric strips so that the cabs all run horizontally.

The backing fabric is a medium blue solid into which I have pieced a rectangle of the yellow cab fabric. I used two layers of Warm and Wonderful batting instead of my usual one layer. I am hoping that I do not struggle with the quilting since it is so thick.

I plan to quilt this with a navy thread in the center section and yellow thread in the borders. I have not decided on a quilting pattern yet.

I am keeping this one for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!