Sunday, January 10, 2010

New York Fabrics

After my recent trip to the Big Apple, I was catching up on reading my quilting blogs and I saw a post from another quilter telling about her trip to NYC. She mentioned the quilt store she found in the city and I was instantly JEALOUS because I did not know of its existence and missed the chance to visit it while in the city.

The store is called The City Quilter and it carries many prints that celebrate the city and that visitors take home as souvenirs. For those of you who are not quilters, it is a common practice for quiltermakers to visit local fabric stores in any new city to which they travel and bring back fabric. (My sister, the lacemaking knitter, confirms that this is a common practice in her tribe, too.)

These are some of the fabrics available in their shop, the ones I bought online! I am excited at the prospect of making a couple of projects with this yardage. Next time I am in New York, I will go by the shop and see what else they have to offer.

P.S. My favorites are the ones with the subway maps on them. I saw some Wellington style boots like that while on my trip and loved them! I also bought myself a silk scarf with the subway map printed on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!