Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Quilt for Ivy

This is a Split Rail Fence pattern. I purchased these blocks almost as a kit--many 3 part blocks were already completed with additional cut fabric to use in piecing together the rest of the blocks. I added my own backing fabric and batting. And, of course, I chose how to assemble the blocks. I chose this pattern because that is what it called out to me as I opened the package.

The backing fabric is a vintage sheet from Goodwill in a small baby blue gingham. Very soft and comfy! I used navy blue thread for the quilting in a meandering stipple.

I love the way this looks after its first washing-perfectly crinkly!

This ended up being pretty long for a lap size quilt, which sort of accentuates that it is narrow. :( I think my nephew will still like it anyway!

The binding is composed of scraps from the main fabrics in the quilt, pieced together and made into binding using my new bias tape maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!