Sunday, January 17, 2010

Authentic Canvas Tote Bag

The bottom part of this bag is made with canvas fabric from the Authentic line by Sweetwater. I bought one yard of this fabric, a piece that is 36x54 inches. I figured out that if I cut it into fourths, I would have plenty of material to make 4 bags.

The top of the bag is designer outdoor canvas from JoAnne Fabrics. Didn't write down the name of the pattern, I just chose it because I like the starbursts.

I sewed the handles into the seam between the two kinds of fabric and then top stitched them down for extra strength. I have never made handles like this before, but I love the way they came out. I might make the handles a little shorter next time.

Love the way this came out. One down, three more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!