Friday, January 15, 2010

Three Hearts Wallhanging

I completed this wallhanging tonight. The three hearts are appliqued with raw edge technique, then I added more stitching that echoes the shape. The binding is the same fuschia fabric as the center heart.

I used free motion quilting to create a lacy edge doily effect around the hearts. This is done with burgandy thread, which really shows up on the white background fabric. This is a white on white fabric with overlapping circles.

A view of the quilting from the back. I chose to use bubble quilting because of the overlapping circles in the background fabric. You may notice that some of the quilting lines from the heart are not showing, that is because I quilted the interiors of the hearts before adding the backing fabric.
I can already see areas of improvement for the next version of this I make. It is good practice for my Sweethearts Rock swap project, though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!