Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Finishing Projects

It is always difficult for me to have projects completely finished. Over the weekend I spent a fair amount of time putting backing fabric on a half dozen of my penny rug projects. Some of them had already had the final blanket stitching completed and had to be unraveled. I was reluctant to put backing fabric on the penny rugs until I saw so many other projects online that people have finished with a back of some sort. In a way it pains me to "waste" the extra fabric. After all, that extra piece of wool could be made into a project all on its own.

Anyway, I am happy to report now that the backs are on the projects, it makes them look sooooo much better. My sister tells me that the finishing touches make the difference between "crafts" and "art." She is right!!



Another part of finishing that I accomplished this weekend was to design and print my labels. Stacey found this neat paper that is really cotton fabric that goes through the printer. I downloaded a cool font, typed up a sheet of labels using Word and printed them off. Then I just had to peel off the plastic backing, cut them apart and sew them on.

These labels came from the Electric Quilt Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!