Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Colors


I used Ranger Alcohol inks to create this plaid pattern on glossy cardstock. This is a Tim Holtz technique. Over the plaid pattern I stamped butterflies with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. Later I used some purple glitter glue over the stamped images for extra sparkle.



Another plaid tag, this time featuring one of the Tim Holtz bunny die cuts. The butterflies are ones cut on my Silhouette Cameo. The stamp is one of Tim Holtz's (which I cut apart so I could stamp the words individually.)
Here are the alcohol ink plaid tags I made using Tim Holtz's technique.  All the tags are cut using my Cameo from the back page of a scrapbook paper pad. That was the only glossy cardstock I had on hand.

This set of #8 manila tags was created with book pages from a cast off book. I applied Mod Podge unevenly to the tags and glued them onto a book page. Once dry I ripped the excess portion of the book page off, leaving ragged edges and uneven coverage.

Over this surface I stamped designs using a variety of stamps by Tim Holtz and LaBlanche. I chose a spring palette of colors using Distress Ink pads, among them Seedless Preserves, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, and Scattered Straw.  The black ink is Versafine permanent ink.
The inks around the edges are applied with a damp makeup sponge. It is interesting to me how the Mod Podge resists some the ink from being absorbed into the paper and causes variations in tones.

Happy Crafting!

Gale

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Gale: I love your Spring tags. Great color combinations. Makes me smile. :)
    blessings, denise :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!