Monday, January 16, 2012

ATT Valentine 6x6 Swap

One of my Yahoo groups, All Things Tim, is having an altered art swap with a Valentine theme. The requirements are to make 10 copies of a 6x6 inch page using Tim Holtz supplies and techniques. Most people make the same page 10 times, I make 10 similar pages but not identical. We mail these to a swap host who sorts out all the pages she receives and mails back to us 10 different pages created by 10 different creative folks.

The last time I participated in this type of swap was for a Halloween themed project in which I took an old photograph and altered it. I loved how my page came out and the pages I received in return were stunning in their detail and creativity. 

My Valentine project took many steps to create.  I chose a patterned cardstock for the background and wanted to emboss it with the TH Rays texture fade folder. That did not work out the way I wanted it to, so instead I cut some fun foam into a stamp. I embossed the foam in the texture fade folder, cut out the design with scissors and adhered it to an acrylic block for stamping. I stamped the rays design so that it overlapped slightly in the center and had rays emanating all around.


Some of the pages include printed scrapbook paper as a border. Then I added additional color using Adirondack Colorwash Sprays, Perfect Pearl spray and some distress stains.

Over this I stamped Tim Holtz's angel wings with embossing ink and heat embossed with black powder. I wanted the wings in the center over which I would place the heart I made.

I cut hearts from paint chip sample cards (using my Sizzix and the wonky hearts die) and heat embossed a design in the center. These were adhered with foam tape for some dimension. Using some glitter glue, I outlined the heart for some extra pizzazz.


I plan to include a banner on the bottom section of each page and may think of some additional embellishments before it is all done. I need to get these done in the next couple of weeks and mailed to the host.

Thanks for looking!

Gale C. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!