Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Halloween Decorations

I made this banner using foam core board, black acrylic paint, scrapbook paper and strips of fabric.
Using Microsoft office I printed the letters onto the back of the green spiderweb scrapbook paper. I had to fiddle with it a bit to print the letters backwards, so that when I cut them out, they were facing the right direction. I painted the foam core board and then used some spray adhesive to affix the letters.
I taped the strip of black fabric to the backs of the letters and then tied strips of orange fabric to give it a more finished look.
I can already see that a FALL banner like this will be in the making soon.
I made some wool felt balls over the weekend using orange and black roving. Then I discovered that I already had a few in my stash, so I used them as well. I added some seed beads to the balls to make them more interesting. (I had seen this in a quilting magazine. It is pretty easy to do!)
The beads are strung on perle cotton with a few spacer beads in between. I finished up the necklace using some satin ribbon for the ties.   I have a nice orange sweater this will go well with, but I am also thinking it would look good with a plain white shirt.

I have a few more projects in the works for Halloween. If they turn out, you will get to see them, too.

Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!