Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Finish and a Near Finish

This black and white baby quilt is about a yard on each side. It is made with scraps from other black and white projects I have in the works.

I quilted it sparingly with a grid in the center and stitch in the ditch around the borders.



The backing is white cotton and feels so soft! The binding is pieced with some of the same prints and machine stitched.


This Pop Pink quilt is made with fat quarters of several modern prints that I picked up as part of a fabric grab bag at a shop in Richmond. I went back and got yardage of the stripe print in pink, purple and brown to use as the backing.

The yardage was not wide enough so I split it and added a wide strip of white cotton. Then when I pinned it together in prep for quilting I decided to use the stripes to guide my quilting. That means that I placed the pins in the back and quilted from the back side instead of the front.

The quilting is just (mostly) straight lines every few inches. The stitching runs horizontally across the blocks.

This is not quite twin sized. The next step is to trim and bind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!