Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Whimsy Flimsy

One of my tried and true favorite patterns, the stacked coin quilt, made with fabrics from the Whimsy line by Fig Tree and Co.  The solid border is from stash fabric. 

I chain pieced these charm squares on parallel sides and then cut them down the middle. That left me with 40 squares, which I divided into 4 groups of ten.  Each strip of twenty "coins" is divided from its neighbor with yardage from the Whimsy line. 

I love that print with words (from old fashioned reading flashcards.)  I did need to be careful with the directional prints in this line of fabric.  I am very pleased that I was able to find fabric in my stash that matched this line for borders.

I even already pieced my left over strips together into binding!  I still have not decided what the backing will be. 

This will finish out to be a good sized quilt for a baby or child.

Gale 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!