Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break Visitors

I had some canine visitors over Spring Break. My sister went to Florida and her precious treasures came to my house. Merle is an Australian Cattle Dog and Kit is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

Conner is crazy about his canine "cousins" and spent most of the week in an over-excited frenzy. He normally is quite the barker, alerting me to the slightest activity in the neighborhood. This week it was amplified because he could get Kit and Merle to bark along with him. (However, my sister has cleverly trained her dogs to stop barking on command!)

In the mornings we lay in my double sized bed and they have a howl fest for a few minutes. Three dogs barking and howling in chorus and then when I say "OK, that's enough!" they stop. 

Luckily, the weather this week was very nice and there was lots of time to spend in the yard, chasing rocks and sticks and running through the grass.  Conner usually could not care less about a stick, but with the peer pressure he had to join in!
Thanks, little honey, for trusting me to care for your babies. I was glad to have them and I will be glad to go back to having a one-dog household. It will be nice to be able to stretch my feet out in the bed again, I'm just saying!
Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!