Thursday, February 4, 2010

Not Stash Busting

I got plenty of fabric today at Joanne's. The part that makes me most happy is that every single piece was already on sale, even before I used my teacher discount. That little card got me an additional $12 off. Whoo-hooo!

This fabric featuring realistic birds on branches was sold out for a long time. I saw it today and had to buy 3 yards of it and then 2 yards of the coordinating print.



The fabric I went looking for is this modern bird print in spring colors of pink and purple. They also make it in turquoise and teal, but that was sold out already. There are two coordinating prints here, the one with many birds and the other with branches.



This assortment of reds will be made into a fireball quilt. That is similar to a snowball quilt or the pumpkin quilt I made in the fall, but made with red. I already have the red jelly roll to use as sashing for each block. These are half yard cuts, so I am thinking 9 inch blocks.

This vibrant paisley just begged for me to put it in the cart, whispering that it would make a fabulous purse.

The pinks are to go along with my other Valentine fabrics and already one is spoken for to use to back my Valentine Split Rail quilt.

All in all a satisfying trip to the fabric store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!