Monday, December 28, 2009

New York

Columbus Circle

A bat faced building facade--isn't this the cutest bat you have ever seen?

Near Chinatown, possibly in Soho. I love the red iron work on this white building. BTW, the quilt I am working on now is red and white.

We saw these bronze lions for sale and had to pose for a picture. This is my aunt Glory. She was the one who suggested that I come along with her to NYC for a bit of sightseeing. I am so glad I did!

This pedicab driver was getting into the spirit of the holidays. There are many tourists in NYC for the season. Many inches of snow does not slow the city down at all. Everyone just puts on boots, slogs around in the slush and keeps on going.

Here is the train set around the tree in Penn Station. Amtrak comes in and out of Penn. This was Wednesday morning when I went to Penn to catch the 6:30 a.m. train. The one that comes from Chicago and runs throught West Virginia before heading north to NYC. The one that was cancelled because of poor weather related track conditions. I snapped this pic before heading back to my cousin's apartment. Luckily for me, I did not have the added expense of paying for an additional night in a hotel. Thanks, Pooh!

People in NYC make snowmen when it snows just like everywhere else in the world. The snow had started to melt when my aunt and I went out in the neighborhood to meet a new friend. Along the way I saw this snow fox head resting in a window sill. So cute!

This is one of the famous library lions, either Patience or Fortitude. They are off of Park Avenue downtown. This building has been turned into a museum of some sort. I liked how the lion looked in the snow.

A stone face on a building. I love the cool stone work on the buildings. It is interesting how the different sculptures age over time. The matching face on the other side was badly corroded and not photogenic at all. One of the coolest things to me about NYC is the architecture. There are just so many great buildings to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!