Monday, December 28, 2009

December 2009 Snow

These are pictures I took of the snow on the way to my parents' house for Christmas Dinner. This snow is a week old and the road still had a few icy patches on it. Christmas Day was rainy, but it took a lot of rain to melt this snow.

This was my kind of snow storm. I was out of town and did not have to worry about driving in it, shoveling it or being snowed in with a bad case of cabin fever. The snow did cause one of my trains to be cancelled and I did not make it home until Christmas Eve instead of Wednesday like I planned. But it all turned out fine.

Many thanks to my dad, who dug out my car after the storm left it buried under several feet of snow at the train station. Imagine coming home from my trip at night and needing to unbury the car before driving home! That would not have been pretty. He says that my car rose up off its springs after the snow was cleared from the hood! Apparently, snow from the tracks blew onto my car in addition to the many inches that fell.

Many thanks to my uncle who took wonderful care of my furry friend, Conner the whole week I was in New York City. Not only that, he shoveled a path for me to my front door and brought my ancient cat home from the boarding facility before they closed for Christmas.



Hope your holiday was a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!