Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wool Christmas Trees, Stockings and Mittens

These are made with hand dyed green wool. I cut the shapes using my Sizzix machine and embellished them with buttons before stitching 2 layers together. The buttons make them very heavy and the wool is not quite stiff enough to lie flat under the weight of the buttons. I had planned on making ornaments to hang from the Christmas tree, but will probably use them to embellish some other project like a stocking or a handbag maybe.

These are made with hand dyed felted wool from 2 different sweaters. They are composed of 2 layers of wool blanket stitched together with perle cotton and finished off with more of the perle cotton so they can hang from the tree. I also made some smaller versions into lapel pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!