I went back to the wool room and pulled out some felted sweater scraps, then went through a pile of hand dyed wool off the bolt and chose some colors for making flowers. A while back I got a new die for my Sizzix Bigkick machine and I had not tried it out yet. It is for making layers of flower petals that you stack and assemble.
After lots of cranking I had a largish pile of flower parts ready to assemble. I spread them out on my lap desk and began putting together color combinations. Here are my flowers just pinned together.
This morning I went through my bead stash to find some round beads to use as flower centers. I sewed about half of the flowers together using thread and the beads I found. I need to get some more beads in colors that go with the remaining flowers.
I will probably make pins from some of these flowers. I am not sure about the rest.
I just love the look of the blossoms made from the soft wool! I have some black/white plaid wool that I may overdye and make some more in other colors. Some of these may end up on ETSY.
While looking through some blogs this morning I came across these directions for making a key fob with ribbon. I saw some of these in a local bridal shop (where I was looking for ribbon, not bridal wear). I may try to make these using felted wool instead of the cotton webbing the directions call for. Stay tuned for updates.
The weather should be clearing up soon, I hope.