Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Getting a New Sewing Machine



A new sewing machine is on its way to me. It's a Brother 60-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine, model C-6000i. I read a good many favorable reviews for this machine and it will accomplish all the basic sewing that I might do on it. It even has features to allow some free stitch quilting, which I would like to try.

I have been making do with my grandmother's portable Singer machine. It is going to the sewing machine repairman for a tune up. I am not going to get rid of it, but will keep it as a back up and to share with my sister if she has need of it. Our grandmother sewed lots of quilts for the family on this machine and it is the one she taught me to sew on as a youngster. It has untold sentimental value if not any real monetary value.
What will I sew with the new machine? Purses, lap quilts, applique projects and who knows what else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!