Friday, March 20, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon Pins


These felted wool pins are made from hand-dyed wool and sewn with pink perle cotton in blanket stitch.
My school, Prince Edward Elementary School, is sponsoring a team for the Relay for Life event being held in April. The team will be selling items at the Relay to raise additional funds for the American Cancer Society.
I am donating these pins to the team to sell that night. Right now I am making pink pins for breast cancer awareness. (My aunt Sharon is a breast cancer survivor.) I may make some of the other colors of awareness ribbons as well. (My maternal grandmother passed away from stomach cancer and my paternal grandmother passed away from lung cancer.) I hope the team is successful in raising a good amount of $$ to donate to the American Cancer Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!