Monday, July 2, 2012

Mixed Media Tags and ATCs


These three tags were created using some leftover backgrounds I had done with various techniques. From the left, dry embossing with Sizzix folder, tissue paper decopauge and ink, and dry embossing with heat embossing over it and then additional stamping over all.  The images are all found as free collage art on Flickr. I printed them out and cut them using my Silhouette Cameo machine.

I used markers, glitter glue and lots of colors of Distress inks to color the "joins" where the images are glued to the background.  I am so pleased how pretty these turned out!

These are ATC sized, cut from watercolor paper over which I had decopauged many layers of papers, paints and sprays to created the backgrounds.  I added the printed images and then embellished around them to tie them into the background. The fairy was a paper doll, her outfit is glued over her body.



This is an example of the first dozen ATCs I made.  I used photos cut from a discarded book, crowns cut from Aluminum tape, alcohol inks, glitter glue and Distress inks.  I added funny captions with Glossy Accents.  I don't like how these came out so much, but it was an experiment to see if I liked making smaller art projects to abandon.

Well, gotta get ready to teach summer school. No more time for blogging today!
Gale C. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!