Sunday, January 1, 2012

Adventures in Heat Embossing

 
 
I got my first heat gun from my parents for Christmas (along with a couple of great Sizzix Dies.) I have been reluctant to try heat embossing before now, mostly because I was afraid of messing up and maybe catching the house on fire!

Here are some tags I have made playing around with different techniques and using different ways of coloring the images. I am previewing ideas for my Valentine pages swap on the All Things Tim Group.

This tag was colored with Colorwash Sprays by Adirondack along with some Perfect Pearl sprays. The moths were stamped with embossing ink and then heat embossed with bright red Ranger embossing powder.  I found out with the last moth, that if you heat it too long, smoke comes up and the color is no longer as shiny. Like I said, these are experiments.


Using another tag colored in the previously mentioned way, I stamped all these images using embossing ink and then heat embossed them. The black is a fine embossing powder from Ranger. These are all Tim Holtz stamps.

This tag was dry embossed using the script folder. Then I rubbed the embossing pad over the raised areas and embossed with clear UTEE. Over that I applied Spun Sugar Distress Stain. The hearts are just resting on top of this tag. They were made by stamping first red, then embossing ink and embossing with several layers of Clear UTEE. Then I cut them out to use as embellishments.

It has been fun trying out this new to me technique of heat embossing. I am a little worried that my embossing pad is not going to last long at this rate. Luckily, I see that refills are not that expensive.

Off to Michaels today to enjoy a 40% off coupon and then tomorrow it is back to work.

Gale C. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. Heat embossing is definitely one of the best techniques ever invented!!! Beautiful, clean, and simple tags!!! Love the red especially!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers!