Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thrift Store Treasures


This is an August Moon collectible I found for a very reasonable price.  I think that she needs some sprucing up with crystal glitter. She is just not shiny enough yet!

 I love this paper mache Santa Box. It probably had some ornaments or something packed in it at one time. And when the holidays are over, I will probably pack some ornaments away in it again.

So, I am aware that this is a Coca-Cola puzzle, but I got it because Santa is shushing the Schnauzer!  My Schnauzer would certainly bark at the red-suited stranger on Christmas Eve night.  I briefly thought about putting this together and gluing over it to make a framed picture, but I think I will just display it as is. 

 I found several of these hinged ornament teddy bears in a bag full of other ornaments. Some were junk, others were cute enough to keep and use.
This glass egg was in perfect condition and abandoned at the Goodwill.  I had to bring it home and give it a place on the tree. 

 What an adorable ram!  His horns are seashells.
Here is a tiny bird feeder with a tiny bird perched on the side-- too cute. 

These were all found at a couple of local thrift stores. I love it when they put out the Christmas stuff they have received as donations all year.  It is a great time to find some kitschy and some wonderful decorations.

Gale 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!