Sunday, October 10, 2010

Three Halloween Wallhangings

 I started these late Friday night, finished them on Saturday and took the photos on Sunday. This one was made with freezer paper templates from a pumpkin coloring sheet I found in the copy room at school. It is raw edge applique.  This one is for Glory-- who has been asking for a door decoration for some time now.
 This one is my favorite and is already hanging in front of my sewing space so I can look at it while on the computer or sewing.  I laid the three pieces from the pumpkin pattern above on some cool fabrics leaving just a little space between each piece. The resulting shape was a pumpkin that was wider and still nicely shaped. I just cut around the outside of all three pieces. These are stitched with machine blanket stitch using my Brother machine. I used Sulky blendable 12 weight variagated thread in the orange, yellow and green colorway. The quilting is done with green thread that sort of blends into the background of leaves.
This is a snowball block made with an orange swirl fabric and some Kona Coal.  The eyes, mouth and nose are made with scraps left from some other recent projects. I used stitch in the ditch for the outline of the pumpkin and then FMQ in swirls for only the orange part.

I am loving these fabrics from various Halloween collections. I found them at Fat Quarter Shop.

Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!