Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quilt As You Go Quilt-Along Round 2

Heather at Al A Mode Fabric is hosting a Quilt-Along.  It is the first one I have joined and there is a group devoted to it over at Flickr.  Go on over at take a look!

Heather is planning on completing 5 blocks per week until her quilt is finished before Christmas. I do not know how many I will complete or how big my quilt will be when finished.

I plan to skip one of the suggested steps. I will quilt each 15 inch block with its batting and backing. Then when all the blocks are done I will sew them together and use sashing to hide the seam lines on the front.  I will have my seam lines on the front, so that the back will remain smooth against my toes!

Here are my initial efforts on this project. I cut a great bunch of strips from fat quarters and yardage from my stash. I included some strips cut from scraps and cut some squares for the centers.

I took all the strips, jumbled them up and put them in a cardboard box on the floor under my sewing table.  When I need a strip, I just grab one. 

I am using chain piecing for these blocks.  After each round of fabric is complete, I cut the blocks apart and trim the strips off evenly.  I still have a ways to go before these blocks are big enough. 

Back to sewing after my nap!
Gale  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!