Saturday, June 5, 2010

Spring Fever Baby Quilt

This quilt started out as a 2 1/2 inch square charm pack of the Spring Fever line and a great pile of torn strips of white cotton. The mini charm pack was part of the Moda Bake Shop Sampler box I got for Christmas from my parents. Yes, it has taken me this long to decide what  I wanted to do with it.

The four squares on the back were actually the first four I chain pieced and then I realized I needed to piece them differently. So I set them aside and waited to see if I could use them later.  I love the way the back sort of echoes the pattern on the front.  I am glad that I did not rip them apart, but was able to use them instead.
I guess you would call this a windowpane quilt, but the panes are very small!  All the little squares are bordered in white sashing.
For the free motion quilting I did a meandering stipple pattern in white thread.  I ran out of white thread last weekend and had to order more from Connecting Threads.  I got seven large spools, just so I would not run out again any time soon!

The binding is more white cotton!

This one is now for sale in my Etsy shop.
Gale 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!