Thursday, February 4, 2010

Make Life Fabric by Sweetwater

After waking up last night thinking about this fabric I have made a decision. I pondered using these large blocks to make a raggedy quilt. I thought briefly about cutting each block in half to make bricks and piecing them into a running bricks quilt like Allie made.

Finally I settled on a plan. I am going to make a quilt similar to this one by rachel griffith that she created for Moda Bake Shop.

Of course, I am going to make it my own by changing the directions somewhat. I am going to cut pieces off the strips in the jelly roll and use them to applique on top of the layer cake blocks. The strips will be rectangles. Then I will piece the large squares together.

I am not sure how big this is going to be or how I am going to quilt it. I would like to make a larger quilt than I normally do, but the issue is wrestling yards of fabric under the sewing machine to do the quilting.

There are so many wonderful quilters online who provide inspiration and information that make my quilting a joyful experience. Thanks, Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!