Monday, January 25, 2010

Scrappy Strip Love Quilt

Using a piece of batting I foundation pieced these strips of assorted red/pink fabrics. I included some Valentine fabrics I had as well.

I hand cut these letters and the big heart from some white fabric. Here they are pinned on and ready to stitch down using the blanket stitch on my sewing machine.

After I stitched on the heart and the letters, I added a backing and quilted the whole thing with random free motion quilting. I used white thread inside the heart and the letters and red thread for all the rest. Here I am almost finished with the quilting.

The back is this sweet pink fabric with hearts and flowers.


I trimmed this up and then bound it with the dark red printed with white hearts. This is probably going to end up on my door at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!