Saturday, November 21, 2009

Patchwork Wall Hanging

The background fabric began life as a curtain panel. I have already used part of it to make a large Christmas Tree door decoration. This is a piece I trimmed off the original to make it narrow enough to fit a door.

The larger squares are fussy cut from a panel by Benartex which featured faux log cabin blocks and these country Christmas pictures. The smaller squares are from an assortment of 2.5 inch blocks in holiday colors which I obtained from an Etsy seller.

All the blocks are sewn on in raw edge applique with the aim of having some frayed edges when completed. I quilted around the blocks for more dimension.


The backing fabric is this deep red print. It reminds me of hydrangea petals, if they came in such a color.

This wall hanging has been washed so that the edges of the blocks frayed attractively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!