Monday, November 9, 2009

Clothespin Bobbins

Eye Candy!

Almost too pretty to use!

I saw on another blog that a crafty lady made her own bobbins using wooden dowels and knobs in order to keep her perle cotton neat and ready to use. I got the idea that I could use these clothespins. They are the kind that people use to make dolls from. I wound the yards of perle cotton around the pins and secured the loose end of thread into the split in the shaft of the clothespin.

Now I am sorry that I did not buy more than one bag of these clothespins. I have loads of perle cotton that I have already wound into little balls. I do not care for it in balls because the ends come loose and tangle with the other colors.

I popped these bobbins of perle cotton into a large glass pickle jar to keep them safe from Sammy L. Jackson (the cat.) He thinks that thread is for him to tangle and drag all over the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!