Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hare Leaps Toward Spring!!




Here are 2 pictures of the rabbit project I completed last night. I created the flowers using hand dyed felted wool. I cut out the shapes and stacked them to form flowers in shades of green and yellow. These colors really pop off the black wool background.
Originally I cut the rabbit out of a felted fuzzy pale gray sweater. I just did not like the look of it, so I cut it out again using gray flannel wool from a pair of slacks. That rabbit (in the second picture) looks so much better than the first. I also added a sun made of circles stacked on each other in the penny rug style.
All the elements of the picture are blanket stitched using either persian wool floss or perle cotton floss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!