Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Flowers Are In Bloom

I am making flowers like crazy. I am using flower pieces cut from

hand-dyed wool in a variety of colors. The wool has been felted or

fulled before cutting to ensure that it does not fray.



Then I stack the pieces to create colorful wool blossoms. The parts

are stitched together using the penny rug style. Blanket stitching

is the most common way to join the layers securely.











As you can see from some of my other posts I can use the blossoms to create wall art. I am also planning to take some of the flowers and turn them into pins to decorate hats, purses, jackets, etc. These are kind of like potato chips-- I cannot make just one. The colors are so vibrant and the combinations are seemingly endless. I have even figured out how to make some blooms that look like they belong on a lily pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers!